So anyway, in light of my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ status, I'm going to borrow a post idea from Amanda at Rhyme and Ribbons -- she writes weekly recaps about five things that make her happy, plus one confession. And I dig that idea. So let's do it!
Five Things That Made Me Happy This Week (And One Confession)
1. My Friday did NOT start out the way it did last week. And I realized a way to prevent myself from ever locking myself out of my car ever again! Buzz is an old car, which means a) there's no remote to unlock him with, and b) he has two keys; one for locking/unlocking and one for the ignition. So from now on, whenever I get out of the car while it's running, I'll take the lock key with me! I'm SO relieved about this, you have no idea.
2. Miami basketball (unranked) beat Duke (ranked No. 4) on the road by like 20 points, NO BIGGIE. Oh man, it was so beautiful. I spent the whole game cheering from my couch and feeling nostalgic for the time I got to witness an eerily similar event back in 2013. :)
3. I got to exercise my journalist muscles this week for the first time in over a year (omg). My awesome friend/former boss Brandon (this guy) needed someone last-minute to cover an event in Colorado Springs and he knew I could write, so he asked me if I could help him out. Uh, twist my arm? Hah. Three-time Olympic fencer (and 2008 silver medalist) Tim Morehouse runs an organization called Fencing in the Schools, so I got to go to an elementary school and watch him tell kids his story and teach them about fencing. It was adorable, and Tim is incredibly nice, and it means I'll be published on TeamUSA.org!
4. Internet friends. Honestly, I never thought that being a fan of a team that competed 35 years ago would lead to me making friends because of it. But Tumblr is a magical thing, and I've met some incredibly awesome girls in this tiny little fandom! (And if we want to talk about more Miracle on Ice things, this webisode. I'll be laughing forever.)
5. It's a three-day weekend and it's going to be 50-something degrees today and tomorrow and Miami basketball is currently leading No. 13 Notre Dame (on the road) in the second half. I am ALL ABOUT ALL OF THIS.
And a confession: when it rains, it pours, and this week has definitely involved some pouring. I've had a lot of extra things I had to work on (and stress about), and there's going to be even more stress on Tuesday. And I'm already stressing about all the stress. BUT it's the good kind of stress. Potential new opportunities and getting out of my professional comfort zone and all that stuff that's, y'know, positive... I'll just be super anxious about all of it until it's over.
(And the Canes just lost to Notre Dame. YIKES, I ruined it. Sighhh. Either way, have a good weekend, everyone!)